BoD Guidelines for Parents of all Indian Schools in Oman
Attention of the parents/guardians of the children studying in Indian schools in Oman is invited to the following for their information and adherence, as per the bye-laws of the Indian schools in Oman, approved by the Ministry of Education (MOE), Sultanate of Oman.
RELATED TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF INDIAN SCHOOLS (BOD):
- The schools are established by the BoD primarily to impart good education and value system to the students of Indian community in the Sultanate of Oman.
- The BoD is the apex committee which is the custodian of all Indian schools and promoters are the custodians of their respective schools.
- BoD shall be the authority responsible for representing the schools before Ministry of Education and other Ministries in Oman. Parents/Guardians are not to overstep or circumvent this authority.
- It is one of the important functions of BoD to monitor the overall operation of the schools in order to ensure the financial viability of each school. The BoD may take timely action, if in its opinion, the viability of the school is at risk.
- BoD, at its discretion, may time to time take steps to enhance the infrastructure and the process, and in case, if required, effect a revision in the fee structure with proper notice and as per the by law.
- The schools are established and functioning FOR the Indian community, facilitated BY the Board of Directors.
- The bye-laws very clearly stipulate the election of parent representatives in BoD, and also stipulate nomination of parent representatives in the SMCs. Hence, other than those elected/nominated members as per the bye-laws, no one else is authorized to act as the representative of the parents and whoever is doing so is acting against the bye-law. Also forming any non-registered parent associations is illegal as per the law of the land.
RELATED TO THE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (SMCS)
Individual Indian schools are managed by the School Management Committees (SMC), which are appointed to function as per the bye-laws. Parents/guardians shall not interfere in the day-to-day functioning of the SMC. In case of any grievance of an individual parent against the SMC, they should follow the grievance address system already in place.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS:
Parents / Guardians are to note that no action of theirs or their family members should explicitly or implicitly contravene the laws of the Sultanate of Oman or malign the image or hurt the sentiments of the people of the Sultanate of Oman.
RELATED TO SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION:
The school administration will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the school and other functions.
Parents / Guardians are not supposed to interfere in the day-to-day function of the schools including administration, academics, and organizational matters.
INTERACTION WITH THE TEACHERS AND STAFF:
Parents/Guardians may discuss any matter concerning their wards with respective teacher/teachers at the allotted time and at the designated areas within the campus.
Parents / Guardians are not to resort to any act, which may hurt verbally or physically, any staff of the school. If found in violation, then the school has the right to take legal and police action besides issuing the transfer certificate to the respective child.
Parents / Guardians will not resort to any instigative action and will respect the rules and regulations set out in the bye-laws.
IMAGE OF THE INDIAN SCHOOLS:
Parents/Guardians shall not be a party, under any circumstances to tarnish the image of the school through any medium.
Parents/Guardians should be aware that the use of social media websites is governed by the laws of the Sultanate of Oman. If these media are not used wisely it may lead to legal implications.
Parents/Guardians are requested to pay all the fees on time. In case of temporary non-payment of fees, they should inform the school authorities and request for the rescheduling of the same or apply for the fee concession scheme in vogue and will adhere to the mutually agreed terms as discussed with the school. If they do not comply with any of the above in spite of three reminders/warnings, then the school shall have the right to issue a transfer certificate to the concerned child.
DISCIPLINARY ACTION AGAINST NON-COMPLIANCE:
- Parents / Guardians are expected to adhere to the above general guidelines for the smooth functioning if the school and the schools have the right to:
- Intimate and warn about the non-compliance to the concerned parent in writing by the school administration, with a copy to the SMC.
- Issue a second warning letter by the SMC, with a copy to the school administration.
- If there is no response or corrective action from the Parent /Guardian, issue a transfer certificate to the ward, without further warnings. In the event of a T.C. being issued, BoD will be kept informed by the school, explaining the circumstances with appropriate evidence of the prior warnings